Modern living, stress and traumatic injury greatly influence our physical, mental and emotional health. A skilled Acupuncturist will use fine, hair-like acupuncture needles to adjust the internal climate of the body thus restoring the correct flow of energy.
When this energetic balance is achieved, the proper function of the organ systems returns and symptoms of discomfort abate.
In addition to treatment of their condition, patients receiving acupuncture typically experience an overall boost in energy, as well as a sense of emotional well being.
What does acupuncture treat?
The World Health Organization has found acupuncture to be beneficial for over 300 medical conditions. Some of the common reasons to visit the HIVE are:
- Muscular disorders such as arthritis, sciatic, neck and back pain
- Digestive irregularities such as indigestion, diarrhea and constipation
- Allergy and Sinus related issues such as acute/chronic sinusitis, seasonal & food allergies, asthma and bronchitis
- Emotional and neurological disorders such as migraines, anxiety, stress depression, insomnia, PTSD, addiction & substance abuse
- Gynecological concerns such as painful menses and fertility treatment
- Athletic performance and recovery
How often do I need acupuncture?
Acupuncture is cumulative. This means it works best when used frequently and in close session. Everyone responds differently to Acupuncture and several elements affect the healing response:
- The longer the body has suffered from the pattern of illness, the longer it may take to reset the proper functions of the body. Coming in for acupuncture immediatelyfollowing the trauma is ideal.
- Your current level of activity and diet habits. Being sedentary as well as being overly active can all limit or stunt the healing response.
- Environmental conditions, exposure to toxins/irritants, poor posture or poor work station ergonomics. Yoga/stretching, posture alignment and eliminating environmental toxins may help speed along the process.
- Every person has a physical health constitution that may create tendencies to some conditions. Maintaining a balance for your constitution with regular acupuncture-even once per month-will keep the body from falling into these tendencies.
Some conditions may only need 1-3 sessions while stubborn pain or weight loss plans can require 10-15 treatments. Many people find it best to continue on a maintenance plan of 1 or 2 times per month. How you feel following the first session will be a good way to assess the need and number of future treatments.